Factal is looking for an experienced QA Tester to join our Seattle-based technology team (remote US candidates welcome). Factal is a quickly-growing news and technology startup that provides real-time coverage and data to help protect people from harm and help those in need. We think of breaking news in a fundamentally new way, applying journalists and technologists together to solve new information problems in an increasingly volatile world.
An integral part of the software delivery team, as the QA Tester you would be responsible for the end-to-end testing of complete, interactive web and mobile applications.
- Write test plans and cases for manual and automated testing
- Execute tests and report bugs both during the development phase and as part of routine regression/exploratory testing
- Collaborate with developers and use your debugging chops to find bugs early in the development cycle
- Work with the Product and Technology teams to define and document acceptance criteria
- Develop standards and procedures to determine product quality and release readiness
- Participate in the maintenance and improvement of our test automation platform
- Research new tools, technologies, and testing processes
- Review user interfaces for consistency and functionality
The ideal candidate:
- Has experience in mobile (iOS and Android), web and/or backend API testing automation
- Deals well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly leading toward a path of practical solutions
- Has excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills
- Has some programming or SDET experience, and influences software engineering best practices within your team
- Has experience in Agile or Scrum software development methodologies
- Has experience in testing software development tool kits or APIs
- Is technically-minded and detail-oriented
- Prefers to work for a small company, one with a mission, and wants to contribute
Factal pays competitively, and we offer equal employment opportunities to all candidates. Factal does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service or other non-merit factor.